Amsterdam Fringe Festival is looking for 4 talents for the Fringe Academy!
Amsterdam Fringe Festival is looking for young and ambitious festival talents. Would you like to gain experience in a dazzling festival environment and at the same time learn more about creating programs – from artistic concept to production to business policy to PR and marketing? Then the Fringe Academy of Amsterdam Fringe Festival is the place for you!
What is the Fringe Academy?
Every year Amsterdam Fringe Festival has room for four talents who want to join the Fringe Academy. Together this group is responsible for the entire organization of the Fringe stage at the Uitmarkt late August: the Vrije Uitloop. This job includes all sorts of tasks, such as programming, organizing, budgeting and PR. Every Fringe Academy participant follows an in-house crash course in festival organization, which you then immediately put into practice in shaping the Vrije Uitloop stage at the Uitmarkt. Together you will organize your own 2-day mini festival.
You will be guided by inspiring young entrepreneurs and professionals from the Amsterdam Fringe Festival. We try to match this as well as possible to your personal learning objectives. Moreover, it gives a good opportunity to see how it works within a small and dynamic festival team. In this way you will develop yourself into an all-round festival organizer in no time.
As a participant of the Fringe Academy you can be found two days a week at the Fringe office in Amsterdam in the period April – September 2019. As a group you are able to put together the Vrije Uitloop stage, both production and promotional wise (and with limited budget). You will be supervised by the core team of Amsterdam Fringe Festival, but the position also requires a lot of initiative and self-reliance. In addition to organizing the Vrije Uitloop you will be helping out the core team during the Fringe Festival in September as well (artistic, production, marketing & PR and business). In the course of the Fringe Academy, we will coordinate your precise role in accordance to your learning objectives and wishes.
What we ask for:
- Engagement, a strong motivation to (work) within the performing arts, festivals in particular.
- A flexible attitude, you don’t have a 9 to 5 mentality and you like the energy and vibe of a festival.
- You are not afraid of a little responsibility, but you also dare to ask questions when you have them.
- You are eager to learn and creative, always looking for ingenious solutions and brilliant plans.
- You are a team player, hands on, loyal and a go-getter.
- You have good communication skills.
- An availability of 2 days a week in the period from April to September 2019. Monday is fixed, the other day is determined in consultation with the other Academy members.
- Full availability the days before and during the Uitmarkt, 23 – 25 August, and the Amsterdam Fringe Festival, 5 to 15 September 2019.
- Residence in Amsterdam or in the immediate vicinity of Amsterdam.
- A driver’s license is a nice bonus (but not a requirement).
- In possession of a laptop.
What we have to offer:
Amsterdam Fringe Festival offers a work environment with a lot of room for personal development. As a participant of the Fringe Academy you get a lot of responsibility and also work together with other organizations from the cultural sector (including De Vries productions, producer of the Uitmarkt). A unique opportunity to build a network within the cultural sector, to show what you have and to increase your chances of a job in this sector.
- A work experience place of 2 days per week with (internship) allowance
- The possibility to gain all-round experience with festival organization, including short workshops in the areas of production, PR & marketing, business policy / sponsoring, budgeting and program making.
- The opportunity to create a mini-festival with the Fringe Academy team (under supervision): the Vrije Uitloop stage at the Uitmarkt
- Access to an extensive network of professionals from the Dutch and international performing arts field
- The opportunity to gain work experience / internship with the core members of the Amsterdam Fringe Team
- A dazzling working environment at an inspiring festival full of extraordinary talent within an ambitious team of collegiate go-getters.
How can you apply?
Send your CV and motivation letter on or before 14 February 2019 to Fringe Director Aukje Verhoog to firstname.lastname@example.org. Explain in your letter why you apply for the Fringe Academy and how participation in the Fringe Academy fits into your (future) career. CVs without accompanying letter will not be accepted.
Job interviews will take place 28 February and 1 March 2019. When you are invited to a job interview, we will ask you to prepare a short pitch / assignment.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated. More information about the position and procedure can be obtained from email@example.com.