The application for Amsterdam Fringe Festival 2020 is open until 31 January 2020:
Good to know:
- You can save the form at the bottom of the application form. To do this, click on “save and continue later”, enter your e-mail address and press “send”. Then you will receive the url in your mailbox with which you can adjust your form for another 30 days.
- If you have filled in all the questions and click on “send”, you will first see a screen with “your application was successful”. If you do not see this, you will receive an error message saying you have not yet filled in all mandatory questions (with a *).
- If your registration is successful, you will get the screen with “your registration was successful” and a confirmation will be sent to the e-mail address of the main contact person with the completed registration form attached.
- Please read the Terms & Conditions for participating in Amsterdam Fringe 2020 carefully before you apply
8 January – Speeddate sessions
Would you like to present your work at Amsterdam Fringe 2020 and would you like to learn more about the application process, the festival, how it works or who we are? Sign up for a speed date on January 8, 2020 with the festival team!
How does it work?
- Each speed date lasts approximately 20 minutes. You can opt for a speed date at the Fringe office in Amsterdam or a session via skype.
- The speed dates are solo or, if we receive many speeddate requests, in small groups with other artists.
- You can indicate on the application form whether you would rather have a speeddate in the morning or in the afternoon.
- After you have registered you will receive a message about the exact time slot of your date as soon as possible!
You can drop us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unlike some other Fringe festivals, Amsterdam Fringe arranges venues for all its participants. As a result, the number of venues at the festival is limited. For this reason, a selection of about 65 performances will be made from all application that will eventually be shown at the festival.
In the selection process, professionalism and feasibility within the (production) conditions of Fringe are first considered. In addition, the artistic plan is examined: originality, use of (special/fringy) venue and interdisciplinarity are important criteria. Ultimately, an attempt is made to create a program with the best variety of creators and works as possible, in which we also have an eye for trends that can be discovered in the total sum of applications.
Applications from the full width of the performing arts field and its crossovers are welcome. Music concerts and stand-up comedy acts are generally not accepted, unless the maker can sufficiently indicate that the work transcends the genre. Note that the maximum duration of a performance is 60 minutes.
After application, you will hear on March 9th at the latest if your performance is selected for Amsterdam Fringe Festival 2020. When your show is selected, you can confirm your participation in the festival by paying the application fee of € 150 (ex VAT). Paying the application fee assures you of a playground at the festival. In addition, the application fee guarantees you a place on the website and in the program booklet. You also get free access to the How2Fringe workshops and the weekly consultation hours. Participants of Amsterdam Fringe Festival get a percentage of the ticket sales.