During the Amsterdam Fringe Festival 5 awards are being handed out.
Amsterdam Fringe Jury Awards
Every year on the final day of the festival the winners of the Amsterdam Fringe Awards are announced. There are several awards to be handed out: the Amsterdam Fringe Awards for this years’ best 3 performances , the Best Failed Experiment Award and the International Bursary Award.
The three winners of the Amsterdam Fringe Awards are chosen by an international jury that visits all shows and selects the winners each year. The winners will win a spot at the Best of Fringe Tour, which will take place again in spring 2019 in The Netherlands. In order to win this price the show must be Dutch based and able to travel. They will also win a spot on the Amsterdam Fringe Festival in the future.
The Fringe Jury also chooses the winner of the International Bursary, a prize of € 3.000 to spend on performing at an international Fringe Festival like Brighton Fringe, Prague Fringe or Edinburgh Fringe. This show must be translatable to English and able to travel.
Winners of 2019
- JEZEBEL by Cherish Menzo (Amsterdam Fringe Award and International Bursary)
- Great People by Emma Buysse and Luna Joosten (Amsterdam Fringe Award)
- Volgende week zondag by Rustâg (Amsterdam Fringe Award)
Winners of 2018
- Körper by NEON (Amsterdam Fringe Award)
- Song of the Sisters by King Sisters (Amsterdam Fringe Award)
- Wij Gaan Het Hebben Over Haar by Blackman and Blokland (Amsterdam Fringe Award)
- Tracing Erased Memories by The NarrativeCollective (International Bursary Award)
- 6:10 to Eindhoven by Wojtek Cecherz & Karolina Sokolowska (Best Failed Experiment)
The winners of the Amsterdam Fringe Award since 2008:
2017 – My Father Held A Gun – Sahand Sahebdivani, Raphael Rodan, Guillermo Celano & Iman Spaargaren
2016 – Macho Macho – Igor Vrebac
2015 – F U T U R I S T S – F U T U R I S T S
2014 – Pand 7090 – 7090
2013 – De Bevrijding van Boos Mannetje – Sjoerd Meijer
2012 – Florence Foster Jenkins – De Koude Kermis
2011 – Bye Bye World – Gehring & Ketelaars
2010 – Life is too good to be true – Het Geluid Maastricht
2009 – Papadag – Bert Hana
2008 – De Huilende Kers – Maarten Heijmans & Ian Bok