Amsterdam Fringe actively invites professionals (bookers, agents, curators) through the Arts Industry Office (AIO). By organizing a number of networking events, Fringe offers you the opportunity to learn (better) how the theatre field is put together and how you can find your way in it. These are also very suitable moments for pitching your performance to bookers and curators.
What is the Arts Industry Office?
The Arts Industry Office (AIO) is the ‘professionals’ desk’ of the Amsterdam Fringe Festival. We are the main contact point for (inter)national professionals in the field of curating, festival organization, scouts and bookers. We approach professionals who may be interested in performances and artists on the Fringe, and offer them (to a limited extend) free tickets. Moreover, we organize networking events at which yo can show yourself and your work to professionals.
Wich professionals are eligible for free tickets?
The AIO only isseus free tickets to professionals who are actually able to book your performance. Other professionals such as producers, directors and consultants are not eligible for this! We also do not reserve free tickets for friends, family and other acquaintances. Let them invest in your future and buy their own ticket! In other words, the AIO only reserves free tickets for curators and bookers.
Press that wants to visit your performance for a review can send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Professionals via Fringe
The AIO annually invites a wide network of professionals to visit the festival. To do so, professionals apply through our accreditation form. After confirmation of the accreditation, they receive a ‘Ticket Request Form’ on which they can indicate which performance they want to visit. We also give curators advice on which performances fit best within their programming.
Professionals via your invitation
All performances at Fringe are visited by professionals from our own network. Nevertheless, we advice you to approach people yourself. Is there a venue you would love to perform in the future? Contact the right person there and invite him/her for your performance. If they show interest, you can forward them to the AIO, so that we can arrange a free ticket for them. They can complete an accreditation form online from the end of May or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember that our ‘bookers only’ rule also applies here.
Network opportunities with professionals from the field
Amsterdam Fringe organizes several networking moments for Fringe participants and professionals:
- Showcase morning together with the Dutch Theater Festival – 5 september 2019
- Fringe Network event – 11 september 2019
- During the How2Fringe workshops guest speakers from the theatre field will also be invited.
- In addition to the professionals mentioned above, your performance is visited by the Fringe Jury, which (also) consists of (inter)national professionals from the performing arts field.·
- Amsterdam Fringe Festival is part of the World Fringe network and the World Fringe Alliance, an informal, international network of Fringe Festivals, including Edinburgh Fringe, Brighton Fringe, Prague Fringe, Grahamstown National Arts Festival and Adelaide Fringe. Between these festivals, performances are exchanged with some regularity. Brighton Fringe has had a Dutch Season since 2017 and this year there are also several Dutch performances at Brighton Fringe.