Amsterdam Fringe Festival creates a cheerful festival context: a challenging and dynamic environment in which both local and international makers meet at performances, workshops, parties and context program.
Here you can come to eat and drink, visit the (free) context programming and sneak previews of Fringe performances. The Fringe Opening, networking events, the Award Ceremony and the closing party will also take place here.
- In 2019 Vlaams Cultuurhuis De Brakke Grond will again be the Fringe Festival Centre; the meeting point for artists, professionals, crew, volunteers and public.
- Address: Nes 45, Amsterdam (just behind Dam square).
In 2019 we will host, for the third time, a Fringe Pop-up (formerly know as Fringe Buurtsuper) in Amsterdam Zuidoost in collaboration with the Bijlmer Parktheater. In addition, this year for the first time, a Fringe Pop-up will take place in Nieuw-West in collaboration with De Meervaart. The dates for both events aren’t fixed yet.
- The Pop-up will consist of (paid) performances and a free (Fringe) program. The (paid) performances will also be staged in the festival at other venues.
- As an artist you can show a sneak preview at the Fringe Pop-ups! Registration for this will go via an announcement in the newsletter this summer.
Fringe stage at the Uitmarkt
In 2019 Fringe will again be present at the Uitmarkt, a big festive event with lots of exposure that is the opening of the Dutch cultural season.
- At the Uitmarkt, Fringe hosts a stage for young and edgy talent
- De Uitmarkt will take place on 25 and 26 August.
- You, as a participant in Fringe, are invited to show a sneak preview of your performance here and there is plenty of opportunity to promote your performance for audience and media. Registration for a spot at the stage starts in the summer and is announced via the e-mail newsletter.