Amsterdam Fringe Festival takes care of and is responsible for providing a venue and a performance schedule, including number of performances, dates and time slots. When matching your performance to a venue, we try to consider the technical aspects and the profile of your performance as good as possible.
In April – May artists and venues will be matched by Amsterdam Fringe. We always do this in dialogue with all parties involved. It can be a complicated puzzle sometimes. Please have patience with us.
List of possible locations
A list of possible locations can be found here.
What can you expect of your venue?
- Participants of Amsterdam Fringe do not have to pay rent to the venue. In return the venue receives a part of revenue of the ticket sales (20%, unless alternative arrangements have been made; alternative arrangements are only made in dialogue with the artist).
- Participants can also bring their own venue. Financial agreements with these venues may differ from the split of 70/20/10 (see ‘ticket sales’).
- When there is a match between an artist and a venue, Fringe will introduce both parties to each other and we’ll draw up contracts for all parties involved. After this, Fringe will step aside and you can discuss further details and agreements with your venue directly.
- Please keep in mind that your venue may be closed for the summer break. Some venues are closed from the beginning of July until the end of August; be sure to contact your venue before that!
- The venue you perform at will have its own house rules, be a good guest! Make agreements regarding the construction and dismantling of your show, use of technology, parking and other facilities. Keep in mind that you can be placed in one venue with several groups, which means that technical facilities can be limited.
- Inflammable props must be treated with fire retardants due to safety for the public and the strict control of the fire brigade. The use of open fire and fireworks during the performance is not permitted. Smoking is not permitted either. If you choose a non-theatrical location or venue, you may have to apply for a permit.
- No more tickets may be sold than the permitted capacity of the venue (Fringe takes care of this), for safety reasons. Emergency exits and walkways must be free of obstacles at all times, please consult the technicians of the venue to discuss these things.