What will Fringe do?
Amsterdam Fringe Festival promotes the festival as a whole with a campaign and resources such as:
- (abri)poster campaign throughout the city and in bars
- Flags/banners in the city center
- Program booklet and flyer
- Website and active presence on social media
- Free publicity in different (news) media
Fringe strives to feature each performance at least once in our social media channels, free publicity or a special promotion.
We recommend you to use our logo on you flyers/posters:
What will your venue do?
- Fringe has contact with the venues regarding the promotion of the festival as a whole. The venue will receive program booklets, flyers and Fringe decoration as well as links to our ticket sales system to sell your show through their own channels.
- As an artist you can contact the venue directly about promotion and publicity as well! The more they are willing to do, the better. Consider, for example, the promotion of your performance via the social media of the venue, their website, digital newsletters, their brochure and sending a press releases to their contacts.
What will you do?
Amsterdam Fringe Festival expects from all artists / participants that they take care of a good promotion of their performance and of attracting audiences, for example through social media, distributing flyers / posters and making use of the various sneak preview moments (see below) to pitch your performance to audiences and professionals.
- Create one event on Facebook for your performance on Fringe and put all your separate performance dates in this event (so not a separate event for each performance date). Make Amsterdam Fringe Festival and your location co-host for this event. In this way, the followers of both can also see it. We advise to do this once ticket sales are live, so on or just after July 18th, and then invite your Facebook friends to the event with a reference to the ticket sales.
- Let’s create that BUZZ !!! The more buzz, the more people will come to the festival and therefore to your performances! So:
- Follow Amsterdam Fringe on FB and on Insta.
- Always add #amsterdamfringe #amsfringe and tag @amsterdamfringe in your posts about your project
- Call the dates September 5-15 from the rooftops!
- Create a (bitly.com) link from your performance page on the Fringe site. Put this link in your bio on Insta and put it in all your FB posts!
- Put yourself on ‘attending’ at the general event of Amsterdam Fringe Festival 2019 and invite all your friends to do the same!
- The same for Fringe x Uitmarkt, Fringe x Bijlmer and Fringe x Meervaart.
- Just like all Fringe things, just to be sure;)
- Here you can find a Marketing roadmap that can help you get the overview of deadlines and the different tools you could use to promote your show.
- There’s also a handy checklist for the marketing materials (what to deliver on/before 31 May)
- For (printing and) distribution of your poster in bars and restaurants in Amsterdam, you can contact Jan de Flyerman. They have a special ‘Fringe-DEAL 2019‘. You can contact Jan de Flyerman directly, please refer to the ‘Fringe deal’:
- Jan de Flyerman / Bastiaan Wesselius
- T: 020 341 91 18 / M: 06 1848 5360
What to deliver on or before the 31st of May
We expect you to respect the deadline (31 May) for handing in your publicity materials, in order for us to use your text and image in our promotion materials. Please send your materials to Willem. You can use the checklist to make sure you have sent in everything correctly.
- 1 high-res campaign image (landscape, 300 dpi/print quality, format JPG/PSD/TIFF, no text on the image)
- Publicity text for the program booklet (max. 50 words) in Dutch and, if your show is in LNP or in English, also a text in English.
- Please note: If you do not submit your publicity text in time, Fringe will compile a text based on your web text and application form. Because of the scale of the festival with 70+ shows, we do not have the means not send you a copy of this text for approval. This also applies for translations. So please make sure you hand in your text(s) in time.
- You can send the PR material to email@example.com (possibly with a WeTransfer link for big files) on or before 31 May.
TIP: Please keep in mind that you might want to use the image for your poster in portrait, so if you are planning a photo shoot: make sure to shoot both landscape and portrait.
Webpage Fringe website
- Filling out the page for your show is your own responsibility
- For the WordPress web page you will receive login data in the week of 25th of April (Please note: this is an email from WordPress, not from Fringe).
- On this page you can fill out:
- publicity text and if you have an embedded video
- A short description of your show (korte omschrijving) which will pop up at the landing page with the programma as a whole
- image to be added at the ‘uitgelichte afbeelding’ section on the right (landscape format works best, portrait or square images will be cropped automatically)
- credits can be added with the blue ‘maker toevoegen’ button
- links to social media and website
- Genre(s) + extra genre you can add yourself (be creative!)
- At the SEO section below > tab ‘Sociaal’ you can add text and an image that will appear if you use the url on social media (Facebook/Twitter)
- We will fill out: ID of your show, stadsdeel (city district), theme
- You can edit this page yourself. An instruction video is available below.
- Please have your page filled on or before 31 May.
- Fringe will provide a link to the ticket sales system, which means that performance dates, venue and ticket price will be added.
- Ticket sales goes live on July 18th.