CLOSED Vacancy: Learning position for location producer
Vacancy: Learning position for location producer
From mid April 2023 until mid September (exact dates are flexible), For 1 to 2 days a week.
Fulltime during the festival period (7 – 17 September 2023), and a short break in summer.
Are you fond of theatre, performances and dance? Would like like to learn all the ins and outs about how to organize festivals? Would you like to be part of a dynamic festival team? Then, this learning position is for you!
Who are we
The Amsterdam Fringe Festival is an 11-days festival held in September. We present a mix mash of theatre, dance, live art, storytelling, circus and all other performance art forms. 55 artists will perform over 250 times all over Amsterdam, on 25 stages. These artists offer a wonderful mix of different genres, stories, countries, ages and ways of live. The festival is an ode to theatrical newness, craziness and experiment. Artistic freedom is what we celebrate.
In this position, you will be assisting our location producer in preparing the festival. You will contact several theatres and stages, you will be responsible for filling in and keeping the productional plans up to date. As a part of the creative team, you will think about inspiring locations for artists to perform. You will visit new locations to make contact and you will help the producer where else needed.
What are we looking for? What do we ask from you?
– You would like to develop your skills as a festival producer.
– It’s NOT necessary to have the right study or background for this position. It’s more important that you’re motivated to learn more about this work and to be more involved in the cultural sector.
– You like working in a festival setting, and with artists.
– You already have (a bit of) experience in organizing/producing for the cultural sector.
– You like to organize things and to keep track.
– You have good communicational skills in English, and if possible, also in Dutch.
We are offering:
– An inspiring, creative and instructive work environment, with a small but very nice team.
– You will learn all the ins and outs on how to organize a festival.
– You will enlarge your network of theatres, artists and other performing stages.
– A temporary learning position of + – 4 months.
– A compensation of 300 euro per month. Are you able to work more? Let us know and we will see how much more we could pay.
Would you like to be part of the Amsterdam Fringe team, and to work towards a succesfull festival in September?
Please send an email with your CV and motivation letter (max 1 page) before March 20th to firstname.lastname@example.org . Do you have any questions? Send us an email!